As a full stack web developer you will be working within our small but growing team and will be responsible for overseeing and delivering both the back-end and front-end of core features and functionality. We have regular major release cycles and are looking for someone with strong technical skills and an engineering mindset, who wants to build logical, clean code that is extensible, performant, reusable and maintainable.
You will often be working autonomously or within a small team so will be expected to have attention to detail and deliver a good user experience as part of the development of any solution.
Expected skills and experience
- Have strong skills in PHP and understanding of OO programming techniques
- Have strong skills in SQL and understanding of RDBMS (MySQL)
- Experiencing working with MVC frameworks’ such as Laravel / Symfony
- Experiencing building and working with RESTful API’s and JSON data objects
- Knowledge of front-end build and workflow tools such as Grunt / Webpack / Babel
- Proficient at using version control systems such as Git
- Experience writing PHP and JS unit tests
- Knowledge of PHP doctrine database migrations
- Knowledge of web accessibility and best practices
- Knowledge of Docker Containers
Our candidate is...
You love problem solving and working autonomously to find solutions to squash bugs or build new features in creative ways. You are aware of technology trends and are constantly looking for new ways to improve any features or functionality to deliver the best possible outcome for our clients.
You possess solid communication and problem solving skills and be able to demonstrate that you can work well with creative direction, technical direction, tight timeframes and client feedback.