- Respond to customer product inquiries via telephone or in written, internet-based email.
- Resolve customer concerns raised during installation, operation, maintenance or product application or compatibility matters.
- Interpersonal skills and product knowledge and expertise are critical to responding to daily customer-centric activities.
- Troubleshoot problems with hardware equipment and software applications and recommends corrective action.
- Document customer communication and recurring technical issues to support product quality programs and product development.
Required Product Knowledge and Technical Skills:
- Working knowledge of networking industry, products, and protocols
- Minimum of 1-5 years hands-on experience and a combination of the following; designing, deploying, configuring, supporting, trouble shooting, debugging and administering the following network protocols and technologies:
- AAA/TACACS, ACL, ARP, BGP (RFC 4271), DHCP, 1G/10G Ethernet (IEEE 802.3ab & IEEE 802.3ae), Flow Control, ICMP, IGMP, IPv4 & IPv6, LACP, LLDP, MPLS, NAT, Open Flow, OSPF (RFC 2328), PIM, QOS, RIP, Sflow, SNMP, STP/RSTP/MST (IEEE 802.1d), VARP/VRRP, VLAN (IEEE 802.1q), VRF
- Experience with troubleshooting tools such as IXIA, tcpdump, and Wireshark (or similar packet generation and analysis tools) is highly desired
- A strong comfort level with Linux is highly desired
The ideal candidate possesses the ability to troubleshooting complex and dynamic customer environments while balancing the communications needs of each case. A strong analytical mind is required, as is the ability to triage. As we are continually releasing new features and products, a high aptitude for both learning and teaching are required.
Our engineers work closely with other members of Customer Engineering as well as both Software and Hardware development—both in diagnosing problems as well as communicating them in multiple technical contexts. Thus, excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must, as is a collaborative approach.
Minimum education is a MS in a technical field (CS/EE/ITP preferred). Industry certifications preferred. Prior TAC experience preferred.