The new joiner will work with site leads on story packages and features beyond the scope of daily reporting.
The ideal candidate has experience writing and/or editing at a number of editorial brands and is capable of writing intelligently with a voice and point of view that honors the reader’s intellect. This person must have strong organizational skills and the ability to understand what makes a story true to each site’s editorial mission.
Inverse is a destination for all things science and entertainment, telling stories that help readers immerse themselves in the worlds of sci-fi, space exploration, gaming, and innovation.
Input is a tech, design, and style focused publication dedicated to bringing a new perspective on the most important, interesting, and vital stories of this moment.
- Act as an editorial liaison between the different teams in the company
- Shape the projects and communicate the editorial strategy to marketing and sales
- Manage pitches and freelancer outreach for editorial packages
- Act as main point of contact and editor for freelancers
- 3+ years of writing and/or editing experience
- Ability to turn in clean, bright, opinionated copy
- Understanding of modern publishing platforms
- Experience tracking down sources and doing original reporting
- A network of contacts across industries and disciplines (i.e. music, art, culture, science, technology, fashion)